Divestitures, Mergers and Acquisitions
Capital Canada concentrates its investment banking resources on mid-sized transactions ranging in value from $10 million to $500 million.
With respect to divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, we work with our clients to manage all aspects of their strategic activities. Services we provide include:
- Determining transaction objectives
- Identifying potential suitors or targets
- Providing valuation guidance
- Developing the optimal capital structure for a transaction
- Procuring the necessary financing, consisting of all types of debt and equity
- Negotiating and structuring a transaction
- Coordinating legal, tax, accounting and other closing-related activities
View Selected Divestitures, Mergers and Acquisition Transactions
Financing and Private Placements
In structuring and raising capital, Capital Canada:
- Advises on the optimal capital structure
- Presents an investment opportunity to investors in a clear and concise manner
- Determines the universe of likely potential investors
- Represents our clients in the private placement market
- Creates a competitive environment
- Negotiates the most favorable transaction terms available
- Oversees the documentation and transaction closing process
The sale of corporate debt or equity to one or more of a limited group of investors can be an attractive means to raising capital. Private placements can be handled more expeditiously than other available alternatives, often at a lower cost to the issuer and with a higher level of confidentiality and flexibility.
Capital Canada is constantly involved in the private capital markets. We provide real-time knowledge of the private capital markets and the constantly changing market conditions to our clients.
Capital Canada can help companies achieve the most favorable pricing and terms available in the market for senior debt, mezzanine (or subordinated) debt financing and equity capital.
Capital Canada possesses extensive knowledge of, and has relationships with, key financial decision makers at a wide variety of financing sources.
Capital Canada can give an honest and accurate view of the market to provide our clients with the highest probability of a successful closing.
View Selected Financing Transactions
Capital Canada provides valuation services in a broad array of situations and for a wide range or transactions, both in type and size. The general categories of such services include:
- Formal valuations in accordance with Multilateral Instrument 61-101 (“MI 61-101”)
- Business valuations
- Purchase price allocations
- Initial Public Offering (“IPO”) advisory
- Fairness opinions
- Litigation support valuations and services
View Selected Financial Advisory Transactions
A management buyout gives an entrepreneurial management team an opportunity to own a significant portion of, and control, an established business with a relatively small direct investment.
Management buyouts allow entrepreneurial managers to:
- Control their destiny
- Enhance their ownership or become owners
- Create wealth for themselves
In addition, management buyouts allow investors to participate with managment in a dedicated, carefully structured enterprise focused on creating wealth. Capital Canada works with clients to enable selling owners to achieve fair value when divesting of ownership.